Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Bee Movie

Over Thanksgiving Laura, Jayla and I traveled down to San Diego to see my wife's family. We spent the Saturday after Thanksgiving cleaning up the back yard, there was a lot of junk from their constant remodel of their house. When we were finishing up, after about 3 hours of working and cleaning, Nick, my brother-in-law, found this beehive that was over top of our heads the entire time.









We were shocked that we had not noticed it before, and even more shocked that while working there we had not disturbed them enough that they would sting us or anything like that. So we came up with a plan to cut down the branch it was stuck to. We grabbed a 30 gallon trashcan and filled it with water, moved the trashcan to where we thought the hive would fall once we cut it.
As I positioned the trashcan in place I looked around and saw that everyone but Nick and myself had taken cover in the house. I guess we were the last, so we were the chosen. We got everyone into place, walked through the steps of survival, wrote out our last will and testament; it's a good thing my father-in-law is an Estate Planning Lawyer, he had the documents drawn up by the time we were in place.

And.......well the rest you will see below: Enjoy!


No comments:

Medal Count

What were your thoughts to the outcome of Super Bowl XLII?

How much money would it take for you to serve Michael Vick's sentence?

What is your favorite holiday