Monday, May 12, 2008

Glass or Glass?

So my wife and I had an interesting discussion over the past couple of days, which was regarding the definition of a glass. Yes, a glass, the thing that you use when you want a glass of milk.

You see, it actually started when we got married, whenever I get something to drink, I use a glass. However my wife calls it a cup. She says that anything that is not "glass" is a cup, I say it is a glass.
Of course I also call the other glasses, glass glasses. You know because they are made of glass. You have to be able to discern the difference between the plastic and the glass drinking devises. Therefore I call them "glass glasses".
So this dispute was issued out to our neighbors and friends over the past couple of days. I am trying to find out if there are any other people out there that understand and agree with my point of view.

Are plastic drinking devises called glasses or cups? And I am not talking about those flimsy plastic cups you buy at Sam's Club and get 400 for like $5.00
I am talking about the ones in your cupboard. The ones that everyone uses when they want a glass of milk, juice, or even some water.

Please help me resolve this dispute.

6 comments:

Lindy Rae said...

Sorry Josh - your wife is right. The plastic drinking instruments in my cupboard are cups...the glass ones are glasses.

Kevin and Jess said...

I too must apologize, but Laura is right. We'll just add this to your statement of going "down" to Salt Lake. Both are wrong. : )

TR said...

Hate to do it, but gotta go with your wife on this one.

Anonymous said...

glass glasses is redundant. Better luck on your next argument!

Tyler and Karen Davis said...

Sorry pal,
You know we'd love to have your back here. We just can't support this one. Please don't ever call it that again.

Laura said...

holy cow!! I am taking this argument by storm. Thanks to all of Josh's friends who can support me on this one.

Medal Count

What were your thoughts to the outcome of Super Bowl XLII?

How much money would it take for you to serve Michael Vick's sentence?

What is your favorite holiday