Monday, August 25, 2008

The car is sold!

Well, after posting my car for sale on KSL.com 2 different times, it is finally sold. I actually got what I expected to get out of it. $3800, it was blue book at $4246, but there was 2 small things wrong with it and they were about $500 to fix. So all in all, I consider it a great sale.
The funny thing is; the guy that bought it was so excited to purchase it, I could barely get the keys in his hands before he gave me the money and drove off. He didn't even test drive it at all. And by that I mean, he started the car and said, "sweet, here you go" and gave me the money.

I guess he was stoked about it, and so was I.

I paid off my wife's new car, the 2002 Ford Explorer and now I drive her old car, 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue. Not a bad car, but the first day I drove it, the driver's side window gears broke. That is like $500 to fix, so I went to Auto Zone and bought some glue and put the window back in place. Total repair = $3.99 and 2 hours. Definitely worth it.

Now I can't roll the window down, but I wasn't going to spend $500 to fix something that I don't really need to fix. I am planning to run the car into the ground, so no need to fix it....right?

No comments:

Medal Count

What were your thoughts to the outcome of Super Bowl XLII?

How much money would it take for you to serve Michael Vick's sentence?

What is your favorite holiday